Complaints and feedback
If you have a complaint about a Family Connect and Support provider it’s important that you first make your complaint directly to that provider so they have an opportunity to respond to your concern and resolve the complaint. All Family Connect and Support providers are required to have a complaints handling policy and process. There is specific legislation that guides how Family Connect and Support provider must handle your complaint. This is in place to ensure your complaint is dealt with fairly and properly.
If you have already complained to your Family Connect and Support provider
If you have already made your complaint to the service provider and you do not feel it has been addressed, you can forward your complaint to DCJ to FamilyConnectandSupport@facs.nsw.gov.au.
Please make sure you include the following in your email to us:
- Your name and contact details
- The Family Connect and Support provider your complaint relates to
- The person/s and or family your complaint relates to
- Copies of any correspondence or information you have sent to the Family Connect and Support provider and their response back to you
- Brief details about your concerns
- Details of what you want to see happen to resolve your complaint
DCJ Complaints policy and contacts
To learn more about the DCJ complaints process, please visit how we handle contracting complaints.
You can also contact the DCJ Complaints Unit directly using these details:
- Call: 1800 000 164 (9 am to 4.30 pm, Monday to Friday)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.